Norton Creek is taking important steps to become a greener school. We are focusing on all areas of recycling at our school, including Terracycle. Please help us in supporting these efforts at school and home.
Here is a list to help with your efforts:
Do Recycle: (no need to rinse)
- Juice Boxes (cardboard)
- Milk Cartons
- Plastic Bottles and Lids
- Yogurt, fruit and pudding plastic cups
Do Not Recycle:
- Napkins or paper towels
- Plastic Silverware
- Chip bags and Candy wrappers
- Plastic Bags
- Foam Cups or plates
- To-go Styrofoam containers
Terracycle is a company that recycles hard-to-recycle items (some of which will earn us point/money for the school but all efforts will reduce waste in our landfills). There are separate collection containers labeled for each of the items we are collecting. All items need to be empty before placing in the collection containers. We need a group of students, parents and teachers to package up this items monthly for shipping. If you and/or your student is interested in helping with this green initiative, please sign-up through membership tool-kit. *These items are subject to change in the future but will provide updated information when that happens.
Please Note: Friday, February 19th will be the last day we will be collecting Lunchables due to the program ending.
Terracycle items we ae currently recycling: (click on web-links for more detailed information).
- Aluminum and plastic drink pouches and drink pouches with sprouts (Capri Sun Pouches, Honest Kids Pouches, Kool-Aid Pouches or other bands).
- Healthy snack pouches and caps (GoGO Squeeze, applesauce pouches, DelMonte Fruit Pouches or other fruit squeezable pouches).
- Foil-lined healthy bar wrappers (Protein bars, granola bars, Any Clif Bar product packaging, energy bars wrappers)
- Entenmann’s Little Bites plastic pouches
Thank You for supporting these efforts at home and school.
Schedules & Menu
|Kindergarten - 5th Grade|